This post covers a ruined blowing house identified by Eric Hemery as Takfield Mill. It stands a little upstream of a water-board hut by a weir and approx. 100m downstream from Irishman’s Wall. An entry in the hundred rolls of 4th May 1521 states that: “3d for a myll called kakking myll and a myll called blowing myll, 2 acres of land lying in the forest in the w part of tawe, so let to thomas takfield”. In addition to this, a forest court roll of 1535 rates takfields’ blowing mill.
Much of the source of information for this post was obtained from Historic England List Entry Number 1019228, dated 9th February 2001.