This post related to the remains of Swincombe Farm (aka Upper Swincombe Farm) and some immediate surrounds including a TA standing stone / gate post, a possible tor and two “bolt” type benchmarks. The main farm consist of a roofless 19th century byre with a further roofless barn/byre and store building close by. There is also a more “modern” (now demolished) farmhouse which had been built in 1913. All the buildings apparently overly earlier structures depicted in 1818 as lodges of Tor Royal estate belonging to Sir Thomas Tyrwhitt.
June 7, 2021