Steve Grigg and Frank Collinson
Whiteworks (19th Century) Tin Mine – a cursory hour stroll around the workings. Plan to go back later, for more exploring, especially to photograph and identify the buildings (e.g Blacksmiths shop, counting house). The mine was one of the largest on Dartmoor and there were two wheels here (recorded by William Crossing), the pits from which are recorded in this post. The map is based on John Robins book (follow the leat) and side-by-side (1949-1969).