Steve Grigg and Frank Collinson
Built for Messrs. Davy and Wilkin of Totnes, 1847-1850, for carrying peat from Redlake Mire to Shipley Bridge. The tramway was constructed from wooden rails bolted to granite blocks, along which the peat was transported in horse-drawn trucks. The business only continued for a few years and ended in 1850. The lower part of it was later, in 1872, used by the Brent Moor Clay Company. Ref: Dartmoor HER.