In 1860, Princetown declared a separate ecclesiastical chapel, but it wasn’t until 1868 that the parsonage (or Glebe House) was conveyed by the Duchy of Cornwall to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners under the Church Buildings Act. The adjacent buildings (three cottages) to Princetown Church had been built in around 1813 and under the act in 1868 were: “to be appropriated as and for the residence or site for the residence of the Minister who may serve the Church of Princetown”. This was purely the buildings and garden (the original Glebe lands extended over some 42 acres from the prison boundary in the west to the Plymouth 15 / Moreton 13 milestone in the east). The boundary was defined by four boundstones, which had the letters “EC” (Ecclesiastical Commissioners) carved in relief within small sunken panels. The souce of information for this post obtained from Dartmoor Boundary Markers (2002) by Dave Brewer and Guide to Dartmoor CD (2001) by Mike Brown.